Repro ID: H1894
Title: Rotherhithe Street.
Description: Rotherhithe Street with the ship 'Argo' visible in the distance. By the mid-18th century Rotherhithe was a district of east London with a strong maritime and shipbuilding tradition. The development of the Surrey Docks during the 19th century further added to the maritime flavour of the area. By 1900, inland Rotherhithe had been transformed into 136 acres of interlinked waterways.
Creator: F. L. Blanchard
Date: c. 1860
Credit line: Southwark Library collection