Repro ID: BHC1867
Title: The Mast House and Brunswick Dock at Blackwall, by William Daniell.
Description: A bird's eye view of the dock at Blackwall looking down the Thames towards Woolwich with the tip of Greenwich marshes, Blackwall Point, to the right. In the foreground is the mast house surrounded by piles of timber. Two men can be seen working a crane on the top of the building. Horses are used to move the timber, the main material used in ship building. The dock was built in 1790 by John Perry for the re-fitting and repairing of the East India Company's vessels. In 1806 it was incorporated into the East India Dock complex.
Creator: William Daniell (1769-1837).
Credit line: National Maritime Museum, London, Green Blackwall Collection