Repro ID: PY2178
Title: A view of the East-India House, Leadenhall Street.
Description: The impressive headquarters of the East India Company were at Leadenhall Street in the City. From this building British India was ruled with little interference from the Government for the best part of a century. The Company's association with India was ended in 1858. East India House, designed by the architect Richard Jupp, was eventually demolished to make way for the offices of the Royal Mail Steamship Lines in 1929, its furniture having already disappeared many years before into the India Office in Whitehall.
Creator: Bowles & Carver (publishers)
Date: 26 February 1802
Credit line: National Maritime Museum, London