Repro ID: H2561
Title: Greenwich Power Station.
Description: Looking south east across the River Thames to Greenwich Power Station from Luralda Wharf on the Isle of Dogs. The station was built in two phases between 1902 and 1910, for the London County Council to provide power to the capital's tramways and tube railways. Greenwich Generating Station continues to be in use as a backup electricity source for the London Underground.
Date: 1 July 1968
Credit line: Greenwich Local History Library collection.