Repro ID: H4008
Title: The Stella Marina at Chamberlain's Wharf.
Description: The freighter 'Stella Marina' alongside Cotton's Wharf and Chamberlain's Wharf, on the south bank of the Upper Pool. Both were part of the highly successful Hay's Wharf Group. The forest of cranes shows how busy these wharves were.
On the right of the picture is St Olaf House, the headquarters of the Hay's Wharf Group. This striking building, designed by Harry Goodart-Rendel, was completed in 1931. It stands on the site of St Olave's church, demolished three years earlier.
Creator: Ian Cochran
Credit line: National Maritime Museum, London. Cochran Collection