The Yacht Tavern, with Tracey’s and Corbett’s boats to let.
Part of the Greenwich Local History Library collection.
This is what Albert saw, looking the other way (downstream). Taken
from the path in front of the Trafalgar, this photograph shows the Yacht,
the Three Crowns and the Crown and Sceptre. Beyond the Crown and Sceptre
are the triple rooftops of the London County Council stables. Built on
the site of Crowley House, a once magnificent Jacobean mansion, the stables
were soon to be demolished so that the enormous generating station could
be built in 1906 to supply power to the new electric trams. Boats were
made and mended along this stretch of shore, as well as hired out.