Repro ID: PZ0190
Title: Manufactory and Bazaar, Calcutta House, 1795.
Description: British influence in Calcutta began in 1690, when the village of Kolikata was leased by the East India Company. Initially many of the seamen hired by the East India Company at Calcutta for the return sailing to London were Indo-Portuguese Lascars.
Creator: Francis Jukes (engraver)
Credit line: National Maritime Museum, London