Repro ID: H1837
Title: At Limehouse, c. 1884-85.
Description: Lighters tied up at the small wharves of Limehouse at the backs of a row of 18th century houses in Narrow Street. These houses still survive. The small wharves were used for barge building and repairs. The building with the two long chimneys was the Bunch of Grapes pub, now known as the Grapes.
Credit line: National Maritime Museum, London. Thacker collection.