Repro ID: PU1426
Title: Trinity House.
Description: In the 1790s the headquarters of the Corporation of Trinity House moved from Deptford to Trinity Square on Tower Hill. The foundation stone was laid by William Pitt, then Master of the Corporation. Designed by Samuel Wyatt, the building was finished in 1796. After being badly damaged during the Second World War, the headquarters were rebuilt by Richardson and Houfe behind the facade, which had survived the bombing.
Creator: Thomas Malton (publisher)
Date: 2 September 1799
Credit line: National Maritime Museum, London