Repro ID: PU1379
Title: Front of the Royal Exchange.
Description: The building shown here was the second one used by the Royal Exchange. It opened in 1669 and eventually much of the property was taken over by Royal Exchange Assurance and Lloyd's of London. The Merchant Seamen's Office had its headquarters over the Royal Exchange during the 1750s. The offices were used for committee meetings by the Marine Society from July 1756 to April 1758.
Creator: Samuel Wale (artist), John Green (engraver)
Credit line: National Maritime Museum, London