Repro ID: H0447
Title: Trinity House depot at Trinity Buoy Wharf.
Description: Trinity Buoy Wharf, on the north bank of the River Thames at Blackwall, close to the confluence of the Thames and the River Lea (Bow Creek). For 185 years (from 1803 to 1988) this site was occupied by the Corporation of Trinity House. The lighthouse, which still stands today, was designed by Sir James Douglass, the Trinity House engineer-in-chief. It was finished in the early 1880s and used to train lighthouse keepers.
Credit line: National Maritime Museum, London