Repro ID: BHC1950
Title: Woolwich Dockyard, by Nicholas Pocock.
Description: Woolwich Dockyard was built in 1514 by Henry VIII for the construction of his famous ship 'Harry Grace a Dieu'. Royal Navy vessels were built at the yard until its closure in 1869. This view gives an indication of the scale of the enterprise by the late 18th century. The area around the dockyard was known as the Warren and consisted of workshops, warehouses, timber yards, barracks, foundries and the nearby Royal Arsenal.
Creator: Nicholas Pocock
Credit line: National Maritime Museum, London, Greenwich Hospital collection