Repro ID: H1948-1
Title: Cube of Portland Stone from the Baltic Exchange Building.
Description: This block of stone is from the original façade of the Baltic Exchange building at Jeffrey Square in the City. The building was designed by T. H. Smith and W. Wimble and opened in 1903. In 1992 the Exchange was badly damaged by a bomb planted by the IRA. This piece, taken from the wreckage left by the blast, has been lent to the National Maritime Museum by Trafalgar House Developments, with the assistance of the Baltic Exchange.
Date: c. 1903
Credit line: National Maritime Museum, London