Jump to content | Home

Portcities London

reflecting our cultures

[Bypass: Visit the Port Cites Consortium]
[Bypass: Search Facilities]
      Advanced Search

Maritime London Partnership

-Bypass site links |  Full graphics | About this Site | Feedback

On this site:

[Bypass: Main Menu]
You are here:  PortCities London home > About maritime London > Tudor and Stuart port

Back to Greenwich Town Centre
The figurehead of the Cutty Sark.The figurehead of the Cutty Sark.
Figurehead of the Cutty Sark.

© National Maritime Museum, London

Title: The figurehead of the Cutty Sark.
Description: The 'Cutty Sark' was launched in 1869. She was built of teak on an iron frame by Scott and Linton of Dumbarton, on the Clyde. 'Cutty Sark' was involved in the tea trade and from 1885 to 1895 the Australian wool trade but she was eventually sold to the Portuguese and renamed the 'Ferreira'. She was later fully restored under her original name and can now be seen at Greenwich on the River Thames.
Creator: Unknown
Date: 2001
Credit line: National Maritime Museum, London


[Bypass: Search Facilities]
      Advanced Search

RELATED RESOURCES


1 Galleries

73 Images



Top | Legal & Copyright |  Partner Sites: Bristol | Hartlepool | Liverpool | Southampton | About this Site | Feedback | Full graphics