Repro ID: H2680
Title: The façade of the Thames Ironworks General Office.
Description: In 1903 the offices of the Thames Ironworks were moved from the Orchard Yard across Bow Creek to the Canning Town side of the site. By the time that this photograph was taken, the company occupied 30 acres here. There were five building slips, the largest capable of taking a ship of up to 20,000 tons, interspersed with workshops.
Credit line: Newham Archives and Local Studies Library collection.