Repro ID: H0044
Title: Wapping River Police Station.
Description: The very first River Police Station for the Marine Police was built on this site in 1798. Today, it remains the Headquarters of the Metropolitan Police's Marine Support Unit. The modern building is decorated with unusual white mouldings made of glass-reinforced plastic. Within is a museum illustrating the history of the police. An older building is located to the right of this structure. Between the two, a passage leads down to the river where fine views over to St. Mary's Church and the Angel tavern at Rotherhithe may be had.
Date: 15 September 1982
Credit line: National Maritime Museum, London