Repro ID: H3089
Title: The entrance to the Trinity Almshouses.
Description: The Trinity Almshouses in Deptford were built in 1670. Above the gate house of russet red bricks can be seen the coat-of-arms of Trinity House. It bears the motto 'Trinitas in Unitate' (Trinity in Unity). Sir Richard Browne, the then Master of the Corporation, donated the land on which the almshouses were built.
Credit line: Magpie Resource Library collection.