The Dreadnought Seamen's hospital
|Caring for the sick|
Original staff of the 'Dreadnought'
Caring for the first patients of the Dreadnought Hospital was undertaken by a small group of workers - almost all men.
|The Dreadnought, 104 guns. At present lying off Greenwich for the Seamen's Hospital. © NMM|
The hospital’s original staff included:
- Superintendent - Lt Somerville
- Surgeon - Mr Arnott
- Steward and Clerk - W. Roberts
- Boatswain and Carpenter - D. Peterson
- Boatswain’s Mates - Crump & Nightingale
- Nurses - Mr Best, Mr Farr & Mr Cook
- Cook - J. Jones