|© National Maritime Museum, London|
|Repro ID: N44394|
|Description: Plaistow Wharf originally served Abram Lyle's sugar refinery founded in 1881, and was enlarged after the merger of the Tate and Lyle businesses.
Several lighters are at the wharf. Until the 1960s, most raw sugar was brought in by lighters.|
|Date: 20th century|
|Credit line: National Maritime Museum, London. Nautical Photo Agency|