Description: The training lighthouse is located at Trinity Buoy Wharf in Blackwall at the entrance to Bow Creek. It dates from about 1880. For many years, bouys, foghorns and lights were also tested at the yard. This role is now undertaken by the Trinity House Operations Control Centre at Harwich. The Corporation of Trinity House closed Trinity Buoy Wharf on 31 December 1988 and sold the site to the London Docklands Development Corporation.