Repro ID: PY1991
Title: A view of His Majesty's Dock Yard at Woolwich, by John Clevely the Younger.
Description: Woolwich Dockyard was built in 1514, one year after the Deptford Yard, and closed in 1869. The yard was originally built by Henry VIII for the construction of his famous ship 'Harry Grace a Dieu'. The last ship to be built in this yard was HMS 'Thalia'.
Creator: John Clevely the Younger (artist): Carington Bowles (publisher)
Credit line: National Maritime Museum, London